Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Photo Pete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,925
Like?
Re: Sorry Dave, Sunny's right ...
In reply to Jim F, Sep 17, 2013

SunnyFlorida wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote: Thom can blather on all he likes.....companies do listen to their customers....not Thom.

Really? Take the pepsi challenge, send an e-mail to Thom and then send an E-Mail to Tokyo attn VP of product development, let's see who answers your e-mail first.

Dave: These camera customers DO NOT listen to their customers, otherwise we'd not be complaining 'ad nauseam' about the dumb things they do and don't do. Just think, if they did listen to their customers; there would be no DPReview forum on which to post all of these silly arguments and lousy pictures of house cats. So, I agree 100% with Sunny on this one.

It is a big assumption to make that the users of DPReview represent the majority of Nikon customers. It is quite possible that if Nikon were to produce products which satisfy DPReview comments that their sales numbers would go down!

However I think Thom is very well placed to comment and Nikon would do well to listen. The only thing I disagree about is the severity of Thom's comments. They come across as the comments of a man who is frustrated about not having any influence on Nikon and he would do well to concentrate more on reviews and technique articles for a while instead.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow