Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Photo Pete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,551
Like?
Re: The price is baffling
In reply to D200_4me, 10 months ago

I mean, compared to the competition.  It's as if they WANT to see the Nikon 1 system die.  I'm sure they don't, but the price of the V2 for example is really confusing compared to the new mirrorless systems out there with better image quality.  I have the V2 and I had the V1 in the past.   I do like the system, but like has been mentioned many times already on this forum, the prices don't make any sense.  If they need to recover their development expenses, I'm not sure what to say, but just look at the competition.   If Nikon's prices are so high because of a need to recover costs from the building of a new factory and the R&D associated with the 1 system, maybe they should find another way of doing it instead of instantly driving away potential buyers once they see the price tag.  Honestly, m4/3 has better image quality, very fast AF and less expensive bodies these days compared to the V2, for example.   I'm not bashing the V2 because I own one.  I'm just stating the obvious/truth.  I can't believe Nikon doesn't understand this and do something about the pricing.   The excellent Olympus EM5 is only $200 more with the 14-42 lens.  Really Nikon....wake up please

Oh and I do love my D600 also.  I like Nikon, but they need to get a clue when it comes to the Nikon 1 pricing.

Just curious... why did you buy a V2 if it is too expensive and the other options out there are better?

This isn't to critisize you, I own a V2 too, but I wouldn't have bought it if I had thought it didn't offer good value for what I wanted.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow