Post Your Favorite Title . . . with a Picture of Course

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stephen Knox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,335
Like?
Re: Post Your Favorite Title . . . with a Picture of Course
In reply to Brev00, 7 months ago

Hello peeps

I've been lurking, saw this thread, thought it looked fun, registered and here's my contribution.

I've got two possible titles for this shot both of which I like, but it would be nice if one or two folk here would state which they prefer feed-back-wise.

The titles are, "Ice cream after the rain" or "Angels with dirty faces".

Background to the shot: It's not a recent shot. I'd been walking, exploring, tree climbing etc.. in the woods with my family and it started to rain quite heavily (a summer shower). We made a mad dash for a coffee shop/ice cream parlor on the outskirts of the woods but were quite wet when we got there.

My daughter had just finished her ice cream when I saw an impromtu opportunity to snap my her in true candid fashion, meaning that she was totally oblivious to me pointing the camera at her, in fact she seemed to be deep in thought, in a world of her own.

I like this picture because it tells a story and I resisted the temptation to remove the dirt from her face in post-processing, very little of which was done. I wanted her to look like she did on the day. I also like the way that it has turned out like a low-key portrait as the sky had turned dark outside and the coffee shop was dimly lit.

No fancy gear here. A D80, kit lens (18-135) and I used the pop-up flash, which I know isn't the best kind of lighting, but it was all I had at the time. In spite of this, I think it turned out quite nice, but would love to have others rate it constructively just out of curiosity.

I didn't know whether it was better to add the picture to my gallery on here or give a link for it from Flickr, so I did both Flickr at the bottom

Well, here she is, my little beauty...

"Ice cream after the rain" or "Angels with dirty faces" Which is best?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5462/9785001862_52cdd2538c_k.jpg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
IE8New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow