Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
wasserball
Senior MemberPosts: 2,518Gear list
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"
In reply to I a n, Sep 17, 2013

I a n wrote:

wireless wrote:

The only thing that kind of bothers me about TH is his nearly constant negativity toward Nikons. Yes he has a lot of good points and you wish Nikon would listen to him but if you use Nikon it sort of dawns on you after reading all his negative opinions, the gear is really not so bad as he portrays it!

But really his negativity is about what the corporation or the camera industry are doing/not doing. The actual gear he says plenty of good things about. The thing I like about him is he is a pragmatist. He talks about gear as it relates to actually making pictures not just to have the latest gear. He tries to get us to put the focus on ourselves and not gear.

KR mouths off what is convenient to him at the time.  I would't doubt that he suggested all you need is a point and shoot to capture photos just as good as a DSLR.

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
6D?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow