How many still shoot film?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Re: Now and then
In reply to PerL, 7 months ago

Still shoot 4x5, Kodak Tri-x, and still have a wet darkroom to work in. A professional studio just down the street from me for the past year has been making actual Tintype or ferrotype prints on actual metal sheets so I don't know if you qualify that as "film" or not.

I do still have my FM2 and my C330, but I like the relaxation and the large resolution negatives of 4x5 to go back to much shooting in either 35m or 120.

Don't get me wrong, you can have my D700 when you pry it out of my cold, dead, fingers.    But I do find that fact that since digital is everywhere anymore, film, not just 35mm, but in all formats, is carving out a niche or specialty market in certain areas.   Just like there is a specialty market now for vinyl albums over CDs, (look how many USB turntables there are out there now), at some point a technology goes from being "old and outdated" to "where it's really at now" if you follow my drift.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow