An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,949Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to Corpy2, 10 months ago

I have used my E-M5 for 16 months and over 20,000 shots. It is a good camera and I love it. Still there are a few things I don't like about it. These things are the small cramp buttons, the having to go into the SCP or Liveguide for even basic changes, the small grip, and inability to track in c-af mode. Anyhow, the E-M1 seems to solve these few issues I have with the E-M5 and is the reason I have the E-M1 on order. The improved EVF, faster overall operations, hdr function, wifi, improved ibis, slight iq improvement and all the other improvements are bonuses. Just like the being able to use FT lenses is a bonus of getting C-AF tracking working. I have no plans for buying FT lenses but it is nice to see thatI can use them if I ever decide to buy one.

I do see a few things thstbI wish were improved on the E-M1.  They are dual memoty cards, a bigger basttery or a dual E-M5 batteries.  The 300 shots per battery is not a good thing.  Luckily I have 3 spare batteries.  Built-in radio control ttl control.

Anyhow, it sounds like the E-M1 is not for you. Still why be so hateful about it.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow