An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,054Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to AndyGM, 7 months ago

AndyGM wrote:

I want to pick up on the point someone made that m43 has squandered the size advantage to NEX, that the NEX-7 is smaller than this camera. Well, yes, but the NEX lenses are not. They are considerably larger than their like for like m43 equivalents. When an E Mount camera with a full frame sensor comes out, it will need all new lenses that are even bigger. If you are really going to get into a system and not just tote around the kit zoom, you will be carrying one camera body and several lenses. Not one lens and several camera bodies. So it makes more sense to have the size savings in the lenses. Given the choice (and I was), I chose smaller lenses and a near entry level body that's no larger than the NEX cameras (although the next m43 camera I buy will probably be the successor to the E-P5, which will be a little bigger than what I have now).

exactly the reason I switched to m4/3rds,

10+ kg for my canon pro system, needed a backpack to carry

2.5 kg for the my EM-5 + same FL range of lenses and fits in my Nova Pro shoulder bag

BUT

everyone is different and will see the situation differently, depending on their needs, taste, fitness etc and thank goodness for that

Think how boring these threads would become if we all agreed!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow