DA 55-300 vs DA* 300 f4

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,757Gear list
Like?
Re: DA 55-300 vs DA* 300 f4
In reply to ASR45, Sep 17, 2013

ASR45 wrote:

I think it goes without reason, you pay for what you get, if the cheaper lens was as good as the pro lens, then why are we shooting with pro lens.

Agreed I stopped believing in the 'diamond in the rough' with regards lens having had many through my hands and finding they're all missing the 'Diamond'

Whereas even poorly reviewed decent glass I've found to more often than not exceed my expectations.

The da*16-50 is  one of these often maligned and even ridiculed yet having used the Sigma and Tammy cheaper alternatives (17-50 and 18-50DC) I ended up with it .

The main truism I've found that can be applied to lens , tripods and most photographic equipment is there are no cheap alternatives there's only cheap.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow