An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
agentul
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to Corpy2, Sep 17, 2013

Corpy2 wrote:

I love m43. I loved it with the GH2, which I thought was acceptable in terms of image quality and flexibility, but the e-m5 showed me I was wrong. The em-5, however, is acceptable.

It is very acceptable.

but the question is: did you accept the EM-5 as your personal camera? further, did you talk to others about accepting it as well?

And so, an anti-EM1 thread, for those m43'ers out there, especially who own an em-5,

form a mob, throw it out of our stores, burn it in the street!

and are incorrectly salivating at the notices of the impending arrival

please salivate only on the left corner of your mouth, with the tongue sticking out just so.

and beaching of the EM1.

i see what you did there!

Note, this missive is not based on personal experience. It is based on reading lots of reviews.

hey, you're just like one of those "analysts" that news outlets quote all the time. that's also how i managed traveling around the world and having awesome adventures - by reading a lot of books.

3) It's bigger. Oh yes. Oh yes it is. It's not a lot bigger (I mean, it's not a joke like the pigging out that the GH2 went when it turned into a GH3 [for what? Did the reviews say that the GH3 IQ was much better than that of the GH2? I don't remember seeing that]). First Panasonic didn't realize the value of the superb GH2 video, then they paid attention to only that in making the GH3. And the GH3 is much, much bigger than the GH2. Epic fail, folks.

in my opinion, the GH3 had to do one thing: keep the MAR sensor. that and the video features are what gave the GH line an edge over Olympus' IBIS.

Ok, back to the EM1. It's bigger. Why? If I want a camera approaching a Canon APC camera, I'll buy a Canon APC camera.

not if you've invested in m4/3 equipment and don't feel like hopping around systems and losing money you won't. bonus points if you're already so used with live view that going back to an OVF makes you not wanting to use the camera as much.

In your heart you know that this is the classical example of an in-between camera. If you own an em-5, hang on to your money for the next iteration of the *small* em6 or whatever. If you own a bunch of 43 lenses, and had given up hope, now's the time not to buy the EM1, but to unload those 43 lenses on the next sucker. This is the prototypical example of the "Pump and dump" so often done in the stock market with tiny companies.

in conclusion: m4/3 is DEAD! finally! the end is here! all your cameras will cease to work this time next year, a month after the cheap FF compacts conquer the market.

agentul's gear list:agentul's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow