Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,649
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."
In reply to SimpleCams, Sep 17, 2013

SimpleCams wrote:

I think Nikon should pitch the Nikon 1 CX-system to three user groups.

One, existing DSLR users who want a weekend or walkabout camera that has the equivalent features and functions of DSLRs but is not bulky and heavy. The mock-up below shows a CX-lens on a Nikon P7700 body with a EVF plonked on top. Incidentally, the V1 and P7700 have near identical dimensions.

The CX-lens on a P7700 body. The ON/OFF switch is a spring-action toggle.

To be honest, this is what I was actually expecting from the very beginning with the V1. And then the V2. And there's no indication any new V3 will be anything like this either. Especially that hotshoe.

I can't see why. For some reason, both Nikon and Canon must have hired the same market research firm telling them both go in the exact opposite direction to this and now both companies are in serious 'rethink' mode because nobody's buying into it.

Maybe that 'rethink' will actually result in what they should have done in the first place, but I'm not going to be holding my breath. If a Nikon 1 camera like this ever happens, I will actually be amazed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow