Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alloneword
Regular MemberPosts: 132
Like?
Getting out of Lightroom?
Sep 17, 2013

I realise this might start a flame war, and for that I am sorry, that is not my intention.

I've been using Lightroom for quite a while now, since version 2 I think, and I like it. I like it quite a lot. But I really don't like Adobe. I've had quite a few problems with them not activating applications after a reinstall, and I'm not happy at all with their 'Australia tax' they put on software they sell here. my last attempt to buy an upgrade from them didn't go well. It's easier to purchase a Netflix account than it is to buy the US-priced copy of Adobe software.

Instead of complaining bitterly about the situation and then forking over my hard earned money I figured I'd look around at other options, and vote with my wallet.

What are your recommendations for software like Lightroom, but not Lightroom?

I do have access to a Mac and will look at Aperture, but I'd prefer something cross platform, as I also use Windows. I watched a couple of webinars on DxO Optics, and that looked interesting, however their feature of 'there are no catalogues, they are just files on your HDD' is less of a feature for me, I like my catalogues.

On top of that, is there any software that can import a Lightroom catalogue? Not necessarily with adjustments, but more for organisation.

Cheers, Tim.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow