Apple should buy Nikon's consumer/prosumer DSLR business

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom May
Senior MemberPosts: 1,676
Like?
Re: They need to focus on their Phones
In reply to Britney Elvis, 11 months ago

I suspect that persons as yourself are more interested in maintaining the "Apple doesn't innovate" meme than actually understanding Apple's business model, but far be it for me to school anybody.

Apple wouldn't purchase Nikon, they might license some IP for AF, and such, but Apple isn't and won't be interested in cameras other than the modules for it's product lines, and Apple is well served by Sony in this regard.

In a not unexpected move, Apple designed the optics for the 5s camera module, and I expect them to be looking for OIS IP to purchase or license, and IP for all nature of lens manufacture. All with the goal of evolving the camera module specific to their needs.

Apple isn't going to build niche smartphone models for photographers as Nokia and Samsung have, but just continually evolve the hardware, software, and ecosystem to maintain the highest level of imaging for the iPhone form factor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow