An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,263Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to Corpy2, 7 months ago

I think your summation that this is a "prototypical system" hits the nail on the head.  I don't think Olympus deliberately set about making a camera that was a bigger, better EM-5 or a replacement for the E7 but a prototype for their future development.  And one that should snare a hefty market share.  It's also a compromise.  I hear your moan about older mFT lenses but what Olympus seems to have done is admit they have very little need to develop or redevelop lenses from both systems saying what they have produced so far pretty much covers the range.  And yes there is very little in the reviews about how those older mFT lenses will function on the new body, primarily I think because noone was thinking on those lines and just wanted to match up the 4/3 lenses and see how they performed.

Maybe best you truck your mFT lenses to a show and tell and try them out and then write your review

Thane

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"
E500, 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm, E620, 14-42mm, 40-150mm.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow