Selling gear

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
tnphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: Selling gear
In reply to Adjuster, Sep 17, 2013

I believe eBay gives the best value. It has an audience of millions so you're more likely to get a bidding war going. I sell internationally to increase the buying pool (though I lost two lenses in the mail recently, which curbed my enthusiasm. If it gets lost, the seller takes the hit). If you're selling to the USA, you want the sale to end about suppertime Eastern time on a Saturday or Sunday so the most people will be free to track and bid.

You want to answer everybody's questions in the ad. Lots of large, clear pictures. Disclose any damage. Link to reviews, specs and online manuals (I do a bulleted list in HTML). Add a reasonable Buy It Now for the impatient. There's some evidence that a very low listing price will attract more buyers, who will bid it up to a realistic price in the last minute of the sale.

Solicit feedback and keep your feedback profile pristine.

Tom Nelson

tnphoto's gear list:tnphoto's gear list
Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FMNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow