Commercial Guide to the E-M1?

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Questions thread
JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: Commercial Guide to the E-M1?
In reply to FrankParis, Sep 17, 2013

FrankParis wrote:

Today I got a printed copy of the E-M1 Instruction Manual from Olympus (cheap: $10) and paging through it, it looks just as wretched as the Olympus E-M5 Instruction Manual. Does anyone know if anyone is writing a commercial guide to the E-M1? If so, I hope lessons were learned when David Busch published his Olympus OM-D E-M5 Guide to Digital Photography, which was certainly better than the manual from Olympus, but left a lot to be desired. Now all I need is the camera itself and about 1,000 hours to learn it.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

I wouldn't hold my breath for one.  As noted by one of the authors for another book for a other camera by the time they finish writing the final copy, getting it published, etc, the camera has probably already been updated with new firmware.  He stated that it just wasn't viable to do all that work.

Look at the release schedule for Rocky Nook.  They have their book for the D7100 scheduled for release in September for a camera that was available in Feb or 7 months later.  Their book on the 70D which is available now isn't scheduled to be available until March 2014.

One of the good things about the E-M1 is that it looks like it retains about 95% of the E-M5's menu and settings and there are already great guides available for free online to help with settings.  And no doubt within the first few weeks there's bound to be a ton more.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow