Hello, I'm coming into the D800 fold. My 1st full-frame DSLR! So excited!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Full Frame
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Re: Left focus point issue with D800
In reply to huyzer, 11 months ago

huyzer wrote:

rswa wrote:

huyzer wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

I bought it at B&H, (snip)

Get it replaced by B&H. You'll pay shipping but that's not worse than sending it to Nikon, since as you point out shipping to a Nikon repair facility is at your expense. Chances are high that you'll get a "good" one.

That's the part where I was trying to save with B&H (bundle, etc.). But with all the shipping back and forth, I might as well buy local and save on time, money, and ease in dealing with things such as this. I don't think I'll take another chance. I'm not much of a gambler.

Yeah. That's why I think I'm gonna go local, and eat the extra cost.

Thanks for the input. This has been a real downer.

Take care,
Huy

If you report within 30 days to B&H that the camera they sent you is not functioning properly and you want a replacement, they will pay for shipping by providing you with a prepaid shipping label.

Hello rswa,

Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad they will do that. I was suspecting that much for an RMA. I don't think I'll get a replacement from B&H, because I may get another one with the same issue, and do the same thing again, which I don't want to ship back again, and wonder how often B&H will continue the process, and for how many days in the 30 day process (if it resets their 30 days policy for returns, or not).

Thanks,
Huy

Hello Huy
First, congrats on your new purchase but feel horribly about what you must have gone through when that focus problem manifested its ugly head. I was sure that it would have been resolved by now. I just ordered my D800 and Nikon 24-70 from B&H yesterday. I am in NJ so its scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Going from a D90 and not having the experience you have with fujifil S5 pro, I am going through a mixed bag of various feelings and emotions. For a guy its a rather humbling experience.  Up until ordering still had the finger on the D7100 button with macro & Bigma lenses.

Hoping that your next D800 is problem free.

Full Frame.

Full Frame's gear list:Full Frame's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow