Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,663Gear list
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"
In reply to cosmerodrigues, Sep 16, 2013

cosmerodrigues wrote:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

In the future I really would like to invest my hard earned money in a D600 with 51AF points and no oil or dust on the sensor...should I?

-- hide signature --

Sorry for the bad English.
Greetings from Portugal,
Current equipment:
Compact: Nikon P300
DSLR: Nikon D90 + Nikon D50
+ Other stuff

As with anyone, learn to be critical of what they say. For instance, he raves about the ergonomics of the 6D - whatever ergonomics are to him. I personally hate the ergonomics of every Canon I've ever picked up including the 6D. Nikons have always felt natural to me which is one reason I own them.

Point being, take these statements as opinions. Learn what is fact and opinion and sift accordingly. When he says a lens is sharp edge to edge at f8, he's probably right. When he starts getting all hyperbolic and not backing up his statements, it's opinion. Take it as such.

And for gosh sakes, do your own research and look at test images. When I was finally ready to buy my first DSLR, it was between the D600 and the 6D. I felt the D600 had better image quality and I was more impressed with the specific lenses I wanted. If a magic fairy came into my room and replaced my D600 with equivalent 6D and lenses, I guess I would have some fun learning the Canon.

The problem is, I'm never satisfied with my work. I've made fine images from an Olympus 8Mp C8080. The D600 didn't improve my artistic eye. It only improved the image quality of what I shoot.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
6D?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow