Hello, I'm coming into the D800 fold. My 1st full-frame DSLR! So excited!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
huyzer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,746Gear list
Like?
Re: Left focus point issue with D800
In reply to rswa, Sep 16, 2013

rswa wrote:

huyzer wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

I bought it at B&H, (snip)

Get it replaced by B&H. You'll pay shipping but that's not worse than sending it to Nikon, since as you point out shipping to a Nikon repair facility is at your expense. Chances are high that you'll get a "good" one.

That's the part where I was trying to save with B&H (bundle, etc.). But with all the shipping back and forth, I might as well buy local and save on time, money, and ease in dealing with things such as this. I don't think I'll take another chance. I'm not much of a gambler.

Yeah. That's why I think I'm gonna go local, and eat the extra cost.

Thanks for the input. This has been a real downer.

Take care,
Huy

If you report within 30 days to B&H that the camera they sent you is not functioning properly and you want a replacement, they will pay for shipping by providing you with a prepaid shipping label.

Hello rswa,

Thank you for letting me know.  I'm glad they will do that.  I was suspecting that much for an RMA.  I don't think I'll get a replacement from B&H, because I may get another one with the same issue, and do the same thing again, which I don't want to ship back again, and wonder how often B&H will continue the process, and for how many days in the 30 day process (if it resets their 30 days policy for returns, or not).

Thanks,
Huy

huyzer's gear list:huyzer's gear list
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow