Olympus E-P5 vs Panasonic GX7

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
sabesh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358
Like?
Re: Olympus E-P5 vs Panasonic GX7
In reply to KTClown, 7 months ago

KTClown wrote:

Tough choice, doing the same but I'll add the M-5. I want to retire my old '06 Fuji and go M43, much lighter. I've held the M-5 and it's well built, the camera shop I was in didn't have the E-P5 and the GX-7 isn't due in the store till after Sept.

I've read every review I can find on the internet about the GX-7, PL5 and M-5, everyone has their own opinion. In 46 years of photography I've never owned a weatherproof camera and never had a problem. So that is not important to me, a view finder is.

I'll add, I do own the Olympus XZ-1 as a back up, this is a great little camera, I've been impressed with it's photos.

The GX-7 Imaging Resource pictures to me are more natural with the GX-7, my opinion. And you can always tweak them with software. I always shoot using Jpeg and never above 3200.

I like the GX-7 specs better and the menu is easier to use, this based on what I've read. The choice will be yours, and you can return which ever you do buy within 30 days of purchase (most good shop polices) and get something else?

Or just flip a coin?

Thx, good points, all. I've been reading quite a bit and am confident that I can adjust saturation & contrast on the GX7 to obtain E-P5 like images. I'm looking into Dynamic range now. Tech radar's review isn't very flattering with regards to the GX7's DR. I'll have to wait and read more reviews.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow