Apple should buy Nikon's consumer/prosumer DSLR business

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,738Gear list
Like?
Re: Please Noooooooooooo
In reply to Basalite, 7 months ago

Basalite wrote:

First, you would end up having to use iTunes to transfer your photos to the computer, including via card reader.

I'm assuming you are referring to music file interaction with iTunes. So what? ITunes is a very powerful and easy to use app to organize and purchase your music. You also do not need to buy your music only from iTunes.

Comprehension problems?

I said PHOTOS not music.

Raws would be in a proprietry format only Aperture could read, as would video.

Apple doesn't use proprietary video or audio.

Yes MOV files are loved by windows users.

Apple would start suing anyone who made accessory parts for Nikon, including (probably especially) third party lenses.

Apple's mobile products have by far the most third party accessories available to them.

They also go after ANYONE who does not play by THEIR rules.  Apple's MO is to sue sue sue.  Plus if they do not have complete control, they will not play.

Yeah, this would be good for Nikon. NOT.

You sound like one of those Android using Apple hating people you run into on some tech sites. The vast majority being ignorant and irrational when it comes to things Apple related.

Try and gain a bit of perspective, these are simply electronics. When you die they will mean nothing.

I have all the perspective I need.  My wife owns ipod and iphone.  I own android.

Mine is better in EVERY way.

My wife now wants an android phone for Christmas.  

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +35 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow