Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,635Gear list
Like?
Milky Way with XE1 and 14mm XF F2.8 lens 45 minutes
Sep 16, 2013

Not to bore you with another Milky Way shot but here is another deep Milky Way shot I took about a week ago.

3 x 15 minute exposures 14mm F2.8 ISO800 tracked on a Vixen Polarie mount and using a cheap Ebay intervalometer.

The image red areas are data imaged using an astronomy camera long exposures and special astronomy filters to show various emissions - hydrogen alpha (about 5 hours), sulphur 2 (a deep red) about 4 hours and infrared (720nm) about 4 hours. Blended into the XE1 image using layers in Photoshop.

There are no dark subtractions from the XE1 images just ooc RAWs and processed in Lightroom then stitched in PTGui Pro and final colour in Photoshop CC.

I think it demonstrates pretty clearly how good the low light performance of the XE1 is. I most likey will repeat this image with a Sony Nex 6 soon. I may even modify it first removing the OLPF and replacing it with an astronomy UV/IR block filter to let more of these Ha emissions through that the standard filters block out heavily.

http://www.pbase.com/gregbradley/image/152347707/large

(sorry for a link only but its better to view at a decent resolution).

There's a lot of dust in our Milky Way don't you think?

Greg.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow