No electronic shutter on EM1?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Vaughan Williams
Contributing MemberPosts: 734
Like?
Re: Maybe because Oly didn't think it is necessary?
In reply to Moti, 7 months ago

Moti wrote:

We have two EM5 cameras that have done over 10,000 photos each and we haven't encountered even one case of shutter shock. OTOH, I have read many threads about the issue so the whole thing is a mystery for me.

Lets not forget that with the EM1 and the pro lenses, Oly is making a huge effort, for the first time to seriously penetrate the Pro market. For those who are not familiar, they have even established a Pro repair service with 3 days turnaround, like Canon and Nikon do. So if they fail this time with IQ issues, that is going to be a big disaster for them.

So one thing is sure. It shutter shock is an issue, I don't think OLY's engineers are that stupid not giving it an answer here so maybe they have found another solution to reduce shutter shock that does not require an electronic shutter. In any case, time will tell.

Moti

-- hide signature --

But avoiding any real or potential shutter shock is only half the advantage of the electronic shutter: the other half is the totally silent operation, particularly useful for wedding ceremonies and similar situations. I would have thought a wedding pro who already owned the 4/3 SHG f2 zooms would now be looking forward to using them on the EM1 and would really appreciate the bonus of silent operation, which unfortunately he is not going to get.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow