PIX 2015

HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Re: HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!
In reply to Pete Touhey, Sep 16, 2013

Pete Touhey wrote:

I feel you pain on the no E-M1 kit to the USA. I'd love to save a few [hundred] bucks on the 12-40mm 2.8 by ordering the kit. I'm heading to NZ for 4 weeks around Christmas, and will wait to order the E-M1 until November. If the kit comes out in the US before I leave I'll order it. If not then my old 14-54mm comes with me to NZ.

I've always loved my pictures using the 14-54, and was heart broken when I tried it on my E-P3 and it hunted for focus horribly. It looks like performance of my old 4/3 lenses will be more than acceptable on the E-N1. I might even be happy enough with my 14-54 to wait on the 12-40 until lens rebate time!

That's my plan for now.  Use the 14-54mm, still a pretty sharp and versatile lens, and later consider the 12-40mm.  It isn't available yet in N. America, maybe not till much later so I hear.

I'll be satisfied if the 14-54mm works as well on the E-M1 as on the E-3 or even E-1.  I have low standards I suppose.  But even that much performance will be Good Enough.

The only thing that irks me is NOT having the rebate on the HLD-7 grip.  Already have the MMF3, and don't need the crap flash.  Let's all say it often and loudly enough, and just maybe the marketing fools at Olympus will get the message.

-- hide signature --

Artists must not only see, but see what they are seeing.

3DrJ's gear list:3DrJ's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow