HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
3DrJ
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!
In reply to Pete Touhey, 10 months ago

Pete Touhey wrote:

I feel you pain on the no E-M1 kit to the USA. I'd love to save a few [hundred] bucks on the 12-40mm 2.8 by ordering the kit. I'm heading to NZ for 4 weeks around Christmas, and will wait to order the E-M1 until November. If the kit comes out in the US before I leave I'll order it. If not then my old 14-54mm comes with me to NZ.

I've always loved my pictures using the 14-54, and was heart broken when I tried it on my E-P3 and it hunted for focus horribly. It looks like performance of my old 4/3 lenses will be more than acceptable on the E-N1. I might even be happy enough with my 14-54 to wait on the 12-40 until lens rebate time!

Pete

That's my plan for now.  Use the 14-54mm, still a pretty sharp and versatile lens, and later consider the 12-40mm.  It isn't available yet in N. America, maybe not till much later so I hear.

I'll be satisfied if the 14-54mm works as well on the E-M1 as on the E-3 or even E-1.  I have low standards I suppose.  But even that much performance will be Good Enough.

The only thing that irks me is NOT having the rebate on the HLD-7 grip.  Already have the MMF3, and don't need the crap flash.  Let's all say it often and loudly enough, and just maybe the marketing fools at Olympus will get the message.

Jules.

-- hide signature --

Artists must not only see, but see what they are seeing.

3DrJ's gear list:3DrJ's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow