Hello, I'm coming into the D800 fold. My 1st full-frame DSLR! So excited!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
huyzer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,746Gear list
Like?
Re: Left focus point issue with D800
In reply to TOF guy, Sep 16, 2013

TOF guy wrote:

I bought it at B&H, (snip)

Get it replaced by B&H. You'll pay shipping but that's not worse than sending it to Nikon, since as you point out shipping to a Nikon repair facility is at your expense. Chances are high that you'll get a "good" one.

That's the part where I was trying to save with B&H (bundle, etc.).  But with all the shipping back and forth, I might as well buy local and save on time, money, and ease in dealing with things such as this.  I don't think I'll take another chance.  I'm not much of a gambler.

get one locally

Another way to go if they're willing to let you test the body. Advantage: they may lend you a tripod, as it appears that you don't have one. And even help you with the test.

I'm hoping so.  But in regards to a tripod, I'm not sure where you got the idea I didn't use one.   I did use one for the test.

Still weighing my options about getting it fixed at Nikon, but they don't eat the shipment to L.A.,

Not only that but there is a small chance that they won't fix it properly the first time around, and you'll have to ship it back again.

Yeah.  That's why I think I'm gonna go local, and eat the extra cost.

Thanks for the input.  This has been a real downer.

Take care,
Huy

huyzer's gear list:huyzer's gear list
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow