Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 2,991Gear list
Like?
Re: Blurry images. Need your advice.
In reply to Unexpresivecanvas, Sep 16, 2013

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

bkpix wrote:

The images posted here look blurry to me, and if I were the client, I would reject them. You can barely read the product names!

Not clear what the problem is. From the shooting data you offer, they should have been OK. It's true you could have done better with f/4 and ISO 100, but I don't think the difference would be this much.

I disagree with UnexpressiveCanvas that the K20 is not up to a job like this. There are plenty of things it doesn't do as well as a Canikon pro monster, but a shoot like this is hardly one of them.

I'd suggest some patient testing with the camera and lens, first on a tripod, the handheld, shooting some simple targets and making sure you, the camera and the lens all have the situation under control.

Hi BKPix,

I just say that technology changes and we ought to ourselves to keep updating. Auto focus technology has evolved in the last ten years. Sensor resolve has also made some progress, the same way as image processing.

I believe that when you do commercial work "good enough" is not enough.

I am not telling the OP to go and buy a camera. I am just suggesting he should RENT and try a newer/different system. And also he can do some case-controlled simulations to eliminate/or/identify if the error is coming from the photographer or if the problem is the equipment.

Now where did you get the idea a Canon 6D is a "pro monster"? is just an entry level full frame camera,

I think the 6D is a great cam (nobody ever accused me of not being a gear freak )

But my K5 could get tack sharp focus in those shots.  So if he's saying all PK gear is this way I'd have to say no.  But I don't have experience with either the lens or camera (K20D) so I can't think of anything for him.  He didn't ask for PP or composition suggestions and the posts were extremely down rezzed.  Learn to do your own lens calibration (if the K20 does it) and ask the models in the shots to smile more (not the dogs, however, they did fine ) are my only suggestions to offer.  Sorry I couldn't help him any.

Cheers.

Finally I believe Jim is asking from C or N users for suggestions.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow