No electronic shutter on EM1?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Contributing MemberPosts: 774
Like?
Re: Goodness, gracious me! Don't tell me Panasonic did something right!
In reply to Hen3ry, 7 months ago

Hen3ry wrote:

Big Ga wrote:

Vaughan Williams wrote:

I'm trying to search to find this out, but can't find anything definitive on it.

Is it correct that the EM1 doesn't have a silent, shock free electronic shutter option ??

If not, anyone know why not ? (or for that matter, why the EM5 doesn't have it either, even though the GH3 with apparently the same sensor does ?)

There is no mention of it in the specs or the operating manual, so I think it's pretty safe to assume it doesn't have the extremely useful silent electronic shutter which the recent Panasonic bodies have.

Bugger.

So do we know WHY ?

After all the rubbish about Panasonic's crippled electronics capability looks like the Sonyphiliacs are going to have to admit that Panny can do something right! LOL!

I;m not actually anti-Sony who do an amzing job and their sensors undoubtedly produce great IQ, but I am sick and tired of the mantra "why didn't Panasonic use the Sony sensor?".

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Cameralabs real world comparison of em-1 and GX7 although jpg only shows Pana has made a huge step in iq since the GH2. Granted the GH3 was a breakthrough too but the GX7 is one compact body ;-0

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow