Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,844Gear list
Like?
Re: Photographer faces law suit
In reply to CliffB, Sep 15, 2013

CliffB wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

The obvious solution is to say 'I'm sorry, we're busy on those dates'. It also saves anybody's feelings being hurt, but most of all it avoids possible litigation. Unfortunately not everyone feels the need to be sensible and to avoid confrontation or litigation.

That is probably not practical, as a potential customer would likely ask about the availablity of a date before any other information was exchanged.

-- hide signature --

I hear what you say but in all personal dealings it is wise to make some small-talk and establish the circumstances and personalities before agreeing to do business. It takes two to tango and there are all sorts of reasons on both sides that could have people searching for their excuses not to do business.

If however I had agreed to do a job, there would have to be a huge reason for me to let the customer down. If necessary I would sub the job, feigning illness on the day.

Plain stating that the refusal was down to sexual orientation on religious grounds would just not be polite or sensible. Especially since the clergy and organised religion worldwide seem to be in the absolute forefront of obnoxious sexual practices.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow