Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Re: Rockwell's Target Audience
In reply to skanter, 11 months ago

skanter wrote:

Cam Jones wrote:

skanter wrote:

Cam Jones wrote:

skanter wrote:

Of course, anyone can buy anything they want, but a novice who buys the most expensive gear and isn't willing to work at it is, in my opinion, foolish, inappropriate, and wasting his time in thinking he will achieve success in photography. If he wants an expensive toy, fine, but I don't have to like it.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

LoL. You opinion and that kind of thinking is snobbish. Just because they can affor "expensive toys" doesn't mean they won't be good photographers.

...unless they are unwilling to work at it, the qualification I used. Did you read my post carefully?

"...but a novice who buys the most expensive gear and isn't willing to work at it..."

To simply dismiss that idea seems to smack of elitism and makes you sound like a know-it-all.

Try fully reading the posts, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to something you think you may have read.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

That's the thing -- it DOES NOT really matter what you think of what people do with their gear. It doesn't. When you insinuate yourself and your views on others, you're getting the wrong impression that you matter or that people care. It's like you're jealous or something and that makes you annoying. And yeah, I read your posts alright. I mean, I just wasted time.

It really doesn't matter what ANY OF US think, or do with their gear. In case you didn't know it, this forum is a discussion of ideas and opinions about photography- not just things YOU want to discuss. I'm not "insinuating" my ideas on others (whatever that means), and I'm certainly not "jealous" of people who buy expensive gear. This is your own projection.

If reading my posts is a waste of your time, I'd appreciate your putting me on your ignore list. I know your time is very valuable.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

When I said "I just wasted my time", it was a retort to your earlier comment:

"....but a novice who buys the most expensive gear and isn't willing to work at it is, in my opinion, foolish, inappropriate, and wasting his time in thinking he will achieve success in photography."

Cam Jones's gear list:Cam Jones's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D700 Leica M9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800E +12 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow