Oh My!...Rockwell's Review on the 70D Locked

Started Sep 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tabloid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,682Gear list
Re: Here's all the insanity you need.
In reply to howardroark, Sep 15, 2013

howardroark wrote:

He caters mostly for amateur who buy cameras like Nikon D800. (we have one...for professional use).

20MP or larger for photographing ones cat is not necessary.

Says you.

6MP is more than ample.

Compared to what? Ample for what? What are you losing when you use 6 instead of 20? In what context is a certain level of functionality or resolution useful? Fortunately I've shot film for about ten years and now digital for over ten years. The things you say are things that I personally can place context around and know what boundaries they fit into, which is a limited area to say the least. Others don't have the same experience so whatever skills they have are in no way expanded by Ken's reductionist and narrow minded views. Enjoy his BS in good health. Thank goodness I'm smarter than that.

So in my opinion he is correct.

Glad you two share enough in common to agree. Whether he is correct or not isn't at issue, it is whether his conclusions are universally applicable or not. To him and for his uses (and yours apparently) they are perfect. If you think everyone should agree with you then perhaps the two of you deserve each other.

As for Ken telling me how to be a professional sports, paparazzi, glamour, landscape, underwater, war, photographer.....would be quite laughable thats why he doesn't attempt it.

Yet he says "cameras are" and "this is" as though it applies across the board. When the 7DII comes out I guarantee whoever buys it will get more for their money despite what Ken says is all you'll ever need. Since "you" is any photographer at any level of experience doing any kind of photography in the whole world and whether they are getting paid or not and no matter what the desired output medium or size is. Just dumb. Really dumb. Narrow minded, self-centered, egomaniacal, and really really dumb. I'm glad I now know what context to place your comments in....and that's in the ignore column.

Regards

Kudos to him. That long experience has reinforced his own egocentric point of view. He has determined how all those camera suit him and him alone then he reports to everyone without the slightest thought for what might be pertinent to others on the planet. Important to him is not important to me, but that's exactly how he writes. If he were somewhat impartial then I could respect his reviews, but he's obnoxious and deceptive and anyone reading his reviews when getting into photography for the first time are being led down only one path with no options for personal judgment. "Yeah, it's got this and that but you don't need it because it's stupid." I paraphrase, but that's basically what he says time and time again without qualifying THE STATEMENT. Not helpful.

Sorry but i didn't understand any of that.

Could u write in laymen's language.

I hope that im criticising you as that seems to be the name of the game here.....so I'm just trying to get in on the act.

tabloid's gear list:tabloid's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow