Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Beach Bum
Contributing MemberPosts: 991
Like?
Re: Canon and Nikon are bad for the overall camera market...
In reply to esco, Sep 15, 2013

esco wrote:

Lack reach in certain events? O.o
You do know the 70d is a dslr right? Like you could mount a long reaching lens, shoot at ISO 3200 and get results that are impossible with these point and shoots you speak of.

Im pretty confused at what your argument is about.
--
Photographer first, gear second

Hmmm. Yeah, I didn't know that before, but I just looked it up and apparently there are long telephoto lenses for DSLRs. My bad.

p.s. What about for situations where you're not carrying your DSLR with massive telephoto lens and you want about 500mm reach for video or stills. I'd think a pocket zoom would be perfect for those spontaneous situations or situations in which you need a lot of mobility or prefer something lightweight for hand-held shooting.

p.p.s. The 70D being excepted, the autofocus on these small pocket zooms is generally going to destroy a DSLR for video, especially at long focal lengths. I'm still not fully convinced that a 70D with long telephoto lens is going to autofocus as well in video mode or have image stabilization as good as even a lowly pocket zoom, but admittedly, I'm not sure of this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow