tabloid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,682Gear list
Re: Rockwell's Target Audience
In reply to howardroark, 11 months ago

howardroark wrote:

Cam Jones wrote:

howardroark wrote:

s

Yeah, people SHOULD appreciate what they have and make use of it to the utmost of their ability. Unfortunately there are a lot of morons that don't get it and never will.

This is akin to someone imposing their will on others. This is not for you to decide. Not for you to dictate what they do with their equipment or how they should use it. I have a friend who is not a professional photographer or even a serious amateur who recently purchased a brand new Leica M plus an $11,000 50mm Noctilux lens. The cost didn't even bother him. Other than the fact that he could easily afford the cost of these equipment, he believed his photography skills would only improve. I wouldn't arbitrarily call people like him clueless or "morons".

No, absolutely not. My will is exactly that, MY will. It only applies to me. However, when someone has come up to me with a very expensive camera and asks why their pictures aren't in focus and it is set in Green Square made I can't help but think they didn't put much thought into their purchase nor did they read any part of the manual before coming to me. I'm sure they are very intelligent in other areas, but they are currently photographic morons. Hey, I was there too at one point and at least I can admit that I did some moronic things because of my ignorance.

People like your friend may not be morons, but they didn't do any research to learn about an art form that is very complex and that certainly doesn't prove their intelligence.

You are missing a small point here.

The more morns (as u call them) buy cameras, the cheaper they get.

And im all for that.

As for our 'moron' friends.....we all have to start somewhere.

Regards

tabloid's gear list:tabloid's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow