Warranty for the 12-60/2.8-4.0?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Sierra Dave
Regular MemberPosts: 447Gear list
Like?
Re: Warranty for the 12-60/2.8-4.0?
In reply to Geo Wharton, 11 months ago

Geo Wharton wrote:

Yes, you can get the extended warranty for a refurbished lens. I have purchased one and used it with no problems from the Olympus America repair center. So you get one year and 90 days of warranty.

Right.  I know I can get the extended warranty from Olympus.  What I can't seem to get is the refurbished lens.  My lens, if Olympus ever manages to repair it, will have a 90 day warranty, but unlike the original factory warranty or the warranty on refurbs, they don't allow you to extend that.

You really put your lenses through heck don't you?

Hardly.  <10k frames in the past 18 months.  I worked my cheap plastic m4/3 kit lens harder than that, and unlike the 12-60, it still works.

Searching the forum archives though, I do see a number of reports of SWD failures, although multiple failures with the same lens seem unusual.

Sierra Dave's gear list:Sierra Dave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow