What is the beginner/intermeditate dream team?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
romfordbluenose
Contributing MemberPosts: 662Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the beginner/intermeditate dream team?
In reply to MattyMurse, 10 months ago

MattyMurse wrote:

Im new to DSLRs but have started a few courses, been out and about trying everything i can a feel as if i should spend a little bit of money to get a few lenses to play with. I currently have the d3200 with a 18-55 kit lense and the nikon 55-300 VR as well. My friends advise me a prime would be a good idea too. After speaking to a few shop experts im confused on what i really need? I'm currently thinking a wide angle like 10-24? Maybe the 30mm 1.4 by sigma or the 35mm 1.8 nikon or even the 50mm 1.4 by sigma? If a few people could reccommend their top 3-5 lenses i could buy (i dont mind selling my kits lenses and buying better) to learn and take great shots with id be over the moon!

What, if anything, are you unhappy with at the moment? have you ever said, if only I had one of those.

Before I moved to a D800. My kit was Sigma 10-20, Nikon 16-85, Nikon 70-300VR. Nikon 50mm f1.8 D, Nikon 105 micro. SB600 flash.

The least used was the 50mm followed by the 10-20.

If you are concerned your pictures are not sharp then I suggest you try taking pictures with a tripod and see if they're sharper. If so then your technique may need improving.

Personally I'd get a flash gun.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow