Oh My!...Rockwell's Review on the 70D Locked

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Cam Jones
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Re: What???
In reply to howardroark, 11 months ago

howardroark wrote:

What's inaccurate about it? LOL When people say "...anything on Earth..." you don't see how deceptive and incorrect that is? Whew!

Actually, the LOL is on you, so LOL! Your problem is you take everything Rockwell says, and I mean everything, LITERALLY when he already said that he likes to "joke around".

"The 70D is the least expensive full-performance Canon there is. Paying more for a camera isn't going to get you anything more, unless you really want a larger camera or auto LCD backlight control or all three "C" preset settings as I do — but I shoot every day."

Among other things. Wow, that's funny because my 7D can do other things.

I believe he was reviewing the 70D. Not the 7D, for heaven's sakes!

"Paying more for a camera isn't going to get you anything more..." No, but he certainly is talking about all other cameras in relation to this one.

Fundamentally, what he says is accurate. You're quibbling over something minor that in reality does not detract from the main thrust of his claim, half of which you cut off. But here. let me add it back for you:

"....unless you really want a larger camera or auto LCD backlight control or all three "C" preset settings as I do — but I shoot every day."

Compared to all the technical jargon you see in DPreviews, Rockwell's reviews are actually simplified plain language, for the most part. And if he thinks they might need additional help, he provides links to more info, or there is a prominent header that says "how to take better pictures" that explains everything you just quoted:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech.htm

Yes, making judgments and then qualifying them elsewhere is a common method used to appear somewhat impartial.

That's your problem. Not mine, nor many others apparently.

I hope in a few years you have learned enough to go back and see how harmful his methods are.

LoL. I suggest you stop giving silly advice. And believe me, if not for the filters, "silly" is not the word I prefer to use. Sounds like you visit his site more than I do. That's hilarious!

Now when I give advice I try to remember that others are very impressionable and have the right to be given a thorough description of both good and bad so THEY CAN MAKE UP THEIR OWN MIND and be in possession of the facts should they decide to change their minds later.

That's good. Hopefully, they learned something.

I assure you those asking for my help learned much more than they would have going to Ken's site.

I am not sure if you're this arrogant and so full of yourself or you're just trying to be funny. Either way, all I can say to that is:  Give it up.

They don't have to dig for the truth with me.

I seriously doubt that.

Cam Jones's gear list:Cam Jones's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D700 Leica M9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800E +12 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow