Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Calinature
Regular MemberPosts: 463
Like?
America's Cup: OMD E5 and 75-300
11 months ago

I made an expedition into the "city" (San Francisco) yesterday to try and capture the sailing races. I drove my car to the nearest Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transit), took the train to the Embarcadero Station, and then made a rather long walk to where the races were being held. Well, I am glad that I took the uM4/3 system and did not lug around my big DSLR system (E5 and big SHG lens, give me a break). Here are some photos taken from the shoreline, most of the boats were about a mile away, and I generally shot at 300 plus 2x digital converter (=1200 mm for FFs), all hand held. Given the distance, I am satisfied with the results, plus I had enough energy to walk back to the Bart Station.

BTW, most of the folks with cameras were Canakons, generally small to medium sized, and fitted with smallish zooms, so I don't think they were getting as close.

I am looking forward to the E1 which will be home to some of the wonderful SHG lenses, so maybe we are getting close to "one beautiful system" (not that there aren't others out there as well). Jeff

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow