More street with the J1 + 10mm

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,790Gear list
Like?
Re: More street with the J1 + 10mm
In reply to Seedeich, Sep 15, 2013

Seedeich wrote:

I’ve always been a fan of the zooms and the EVF of the V1.

When I picked up a cheap J1 with 10mm it was a bit like… can’t do much harm, let’s see what that thing can do.
I never thought, that it would expand my way of taking pictures as it actually does.

From a pretty controlled way of shooting with the V1 to a very fast and loose point and shoot style.
Sometimes I just have a vague idea about the framing simply because I can’t see much on the LCD. I use auto area AF and face recognition. The results surprise me.

Seedeich in Colour
Seedeich in Black & White

What surprised you about the results? The IQ? ...or just the way that you came away thinking about the lack of EVF.

I gotta tell you, these guys who are VF or nothing really remind me of old men, sitting there are not changing. Having closed minds in the backside of life. You have to grow, adapt and have an open mind. ...otherwise you're missing out on some really really cheap nice cameras.

Nice shots.

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow