I need a specific (but simple) software function.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,920Gear list
Like?
I need a specific (but simple) software function.
11 months ago

I shoot with my 1DMKIV using a CF and a Eye-Fi card in the SD slot.

The CF records Raws and the Eye-Fi sends a medium Jpeg to my tab.

Just these 2 last nights I've been shooting a nigh street light performance. There was a particular instance (an illuminated "igloo" on the beach) were I took 50 to 100 shots with the exact same framing, as I wanted to get the play of people's shadows against the light in a long exposure and, short to asking people to move-pose, I had to adopt a "try&miss" approach.

Situations were I end up with a lot of photos from the same scene happen many times in my sessions.

For speed (import, rendering times) it is much more effective to browse through the mid-sized Jpegs in the tab, deleting on-the-fly the absolutely non-usable ones (something that can be done right after the session, while getting a coffee or back at the home/hotel), than doing that gargantuan task with the Raws in my desktop.

Is there a software for Windows with a function that would allow me to, after importing both the "approved for further scrutiny" Jepgs together with all the Raws into the same folder, then compare names and allow for bulk selection (for deletion) of the Raw files that do not have a Jpeg, same-name counterpart?

This can be done by hand, of course, under Expolrer, but such a automatic "match&delete" function in a program would allow for significant time saving.

Thank you for any inputs.

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow