Thank God, I am still alive !

Started Sep 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 834Gear list
Like?
Let´s see now...
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Sep 15, 2013

Hey Folks,

As you know my new (not so new really ) camera E-PM1 was with me in this weekend.. and during the week of course.

There are things that I loved, and there are things that I´ve already missed from my dear XZ-1. Lets begin with Bad news.

- Is should walk !!! No zoom on my 30mm F 2.8 sigma lenses.

-Can not get closer more than 20 cm to things... Its has no macro / supermacro kinda focus (well donĀ“t laugh its my first interchagable lens ever!)

-Sometimes Its not focusing as I wished, It has its own "interchangable lens rules" that I have to adjust miself.

-I should not move, or the camera should not move on the time of "shooting" its not a DSLR... so, no suprises I guess..

Well on the Good News

- I got Crazy BOKEH (DOF) even with F2.8 lens ! (apart from some XZ-1 at some super macro situations) subject can be isolated better than P&S sensor could, even by a slower lens.

- Focusing is quick, which is good especiaslly on the video.

-VIDEO IS AMAZING compare to XZ-1... It can record ull HD but you really do not need to watch it on HD, its very visible and clear on normal mode as well..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benokan/9757676875/?likes_hd=0

- Menu is very usefull & clear. And its easy to reach art filters, you do not need to go art option... It can be change on sections like vivid-normal-muted-...etc and the filters. Which is very usefull.

-And it is so economical. Do not need to break a bank. Here it is with its 99 euro body only and affordable sigma lenses, I already bought it the smilar price back in 2010 the price of my XZ-1..

Anyway let the photos talk ! Here are the images

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benokan/

Cheers.

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow