ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HampshireIan
Regular MemberPosts: 233
Like?
G15: Cannot Seem To Get A Clear Crisp Shot
10 months ago

Hi folks,

I'm really struggling with my Canon G15.

I cannot get a clear, crisp shot, whether it be day or night.  The more frustrating is at night but it's worrying that in nice bright sunshine I cannot get anything decent.

I used a Canon S95 prior to this and some of the day time shots have been superb - this camera is not doing it at all.

I use the camera a lot of the time for fishing and being alone at night, I pop the camera on the tripod, plug in the wired remote and work it with my foot.  You would think that things could not be more simple but i've tried all manner of combinations of settings and cannot get anything good.  I even have a Canon 270II Speedlite Flash to help things.

I decided to play around in the dark in the garden last night.  Excuse the two things that i've holding but I needed to try and mimic me holding a carp whilst posing.

I've attached various images at various settings for you to see my efforts.  They just seem to be "off".  Even I think when I got anywhere close in image 1976, my face looked clearer than the subject matter (the "fish").

I'd appreciate your advice on this as i'm at a loss.  My Canon S95 produced way better night shots than this camera and it was always set to "P".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Ian

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow