Started Sep 14, 2013 | Questions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,529Gear list
Like?
Re: PLZ HELP ME NIKON WONT AUTO FOCUS IN AF-F
In reply to giovannij, Sep 15, 2013

giovannij wrote:

Hello all, new to this forum.

Basically i have always shot photos with my grandfather. 3 years back i got a d5000 and used it to shoot photo and recently i got into film production.

I purchased a Nikon d7100 because it was a big step up and most importantly-autofocus in videos. Now i have my camera and the last 2 films i have shot for my tv production class i HAVE to surpress the button to take a picture for the video to focus (even during the video) so thats like semi auto focus, i want to have to do nothing but HOLD THE CAMERA and it will AUTOMATICALLY FOCUS.

so i looked it up and people said oh af-f mode should do the trick. i put it in af-f mode and no luck its still doing the same thing. i have my lens on af/m and the camera on af as well.

what could possibly be the problem? its beginning to become frustrating.

Someone with more knowledge please help me out?

Thanks to all -

Do read the manual (LiveView page 49 - and Video page 57) and then go practising.

It's telling you all about Af-modes and AF-methods and how to set and use them for LiveView and video.

If you are not wanting to do anything but holding the camera, I think you might have had another choise than a DSLR - it's not a point and shoot in any mode, not even liveview, in my opinion.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow