Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,933Gear list
Like?
Re: E-3 af with my cam
In reply to klauser, 7 months ago

klauser wrote:

I still use the e3 and sometimes I have to use c-af as well shooting horses. My experience is that c-af does work giving me tack sharp images even with the 50/f2 if I am able to keep the focus point (set to small and single point) on an area with good contrast, which is not easy. I do not have a problem in s-af mode at all, although for precise focus with shallow DoF with the 50/f2 or the 50-200 wide open I will sometimes make sure to refocus a couple of times to rule out the effect of my own movement or the object's movement if I don't release the shutter immediately after the focus confirmation.

So I can attest that I have one of the e3s without focus issues but if my income depended on c-af shooting I would not be happy with the percentage of perfectly focused images I get (40 to maximum 50%).

I will get the em1 the first day it will be available just as I did when the e3 came out. I will check though how the em1 focuses my ft lenses next week at a promotion event but judging from all English, German and Spanish reviews it will be okay and limited by the ft lenses electronics. Only dpreview and one German photog were not very positive about af on ft lenses.

K.

Like I said above, I do believe some folks had good E-3s, and I wouldn't dream of telling anybody they should be unhappy with a camera that works for them!  I'm sure a lot of people are looking forward to hearing your impressions of the E-M1 next week.

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow