Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 2,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly's latest DSLR AF sucked- not mine
In reply to erichK, 11 months ago

erichK wrote:

I can understand why the OP is furious that Oly's claims were -largely- spurious. And also Julie "Windsprite" disillusionment and decision to Nikon. Sophisticated AF and especially CAF are critical to professional work or central to their type of shooting. The AF of my E-5 is fine for most of my shooting and the CAF a bit frustrating but workable for the infrequent occasions on which I need it.

It would have been a wonderful surprise to me if EM-1 AF/CAF really worked better than the E-5 with FT lenses. I am happy to note that neutral observers who value their reputations more than freebies from Olympus (DPreview, The Camera Store) say, and in the case of the latter, demonstrate that it is quite usable.

As noted in another post, the friend who bought my E-3 recently - and contrary to my advice- traded in his Nikon D300s and 300/f4 lens for an OM-D/12-50 kit which he will also be using with his Leitz Telyts. He is slightly disabled and had to decide, as I have, that the camera that you have with you...

I am very glad that the new version of it will work - usably- with my FT lenses.

Many us were wishing for a DSLR, but since that was unlikely to happen anyway, the E-M1 is a great development.  After owning four different Oly DSLRs, I've learned not to expect miraculous advancements regarding C-AF, but let's hope the new camera is the best yet in terms of both speed and accuracy and makes a lot of people happy.

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow