Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,227Gear list
Re: Rockwell's Target Audience
In reply to Cam Jones, 7 months ago

Cam Jones wrote:

skanter wrote:

Of course, anyone can buy anything they want, but a novice who buys the most expensive gear and isn't willing to work at it is, in my opinion, foolish, inappropriate, and wasting his time in thinking he will achieve success in photography. If he wants an expensive toy, fine, but I don't have to like it.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

LoL. You opinion and that kind of thinking is snobbish. Just because they can affor "expensive toys" doesn't mean they won't be good photographers.

...unless they are unwilling to work at it, the qualification I used. Did you read my post carefully?

"...but a novice who buys the most expensive gear and isn't willing to work at it..."

To simply dismiss that idea seems to smack of elitism and makes you sound like a know-it-all.

Try fully reading the posts, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to something you think you may have read.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow