This thread is locked.
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,392Gear list
Re: When will that troll go away?
In reply to Cam Jones, 7 months ago

Cam Jones wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

tabloid wrote:

Im not looking for supporters.....and I'm most certainly not getting on the hysterical anti Rockwell bandwagon.

I like to read what he writes.

My choice.

Of course, clearly your privilege. But out of curiosity, is your definition of "hysterical anti Rockwell" someone who just strongly disagrees with you on this topic? His writing tends to bring out strong opinions and you have yours, others have theirs -- both expressed with conviction. That's hardly hysterical IMHO.

Although Ken Rockwell can be annoying at time, I tend to agree with tabloid. He knows his stuff and is quite opinionated about it. It's not like he makes things up. So you don't like him but I'll give more weight to his reviews than many commenters on this site.

Knows his stuff?  Really?  His comments on the 5DmK3 alone in that article are almost ridiculous.  If you like his stuff, great... everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It's not a matter of "making things up".  More a matter of someone who seems to be more interested in yammering on and "listening to himself talk" (figuratively) than one who speaks with credibility.

Interestingly, there are many folks here who would carry a lot more weight with me in terms of their opinions than what Rockwell has to say.  Again, YMMV.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow