HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020Gear list
Like?
Re: What is that smell????
In reply to uberzone, Sep 15, 2013

uberzone wrote:

Who brought the beans and sauerkraut? Serious case of GAS in here.

And this is a problem for you how?

The EM-1 and 12-40 are super exciting editions to m4/3, but can you really not wait a few months to save $200?

Of course I can, but I'd feel better about it if it was MY choice, not someone else's.

You do have options. If you really need both NOW, I'm sure someone somewhere will be reselling them fairly quickly at a slight premium.

I don't buy used gear. I sell it.

Just think of it as an early adopter tax.

I'd happily pay such a premium.

You see, I've never been an early adopter of anything. The closest I came was buying my E-M5 in late August of 2012. I think I've been to maybe 3 movies the weekend they opened and bought an album or two on the day of their releases, but I have never before bought anything this expensive on or near its release date. For once, after 56 years, I was looking forward to doing so.

Yes, in a perfect world both Olympus and Panasonic would have massive quantities of all of their new lenses and cameras available all over the world to anyone who wants them. Sadly neither Panasonic or Olympus have the capital or capacity to do so at this time.

Rest assured, the camera and lens as a kit will eventually make it over here. Until then, take a deep breath. It will all be ok.

It already is okay. I'm not rolling around on the floor having a tantrum, just venting a little frustration over a situation I can't control. I've been following the development of the rumors for this pair since they were first mentioned, with growing enthusiasm at each verification of both their existence and their quality. I can certainly understand how the enthusiasm of myself and others might amuse you, but it actually offends you, well, then, I'd say it's you who needs to take a deep breath. If not, I probably misread you.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow