HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Know what you mean.
In reply to 3DrJ, 10 months ago

3DrJ wrote:

What you're saying, I'd take to mean if no "kit" for months, what the hell, spend the extra $200, get the 12-40 later when it is available. What merit is there in self-deprivation? Enjoy what's there now. Spending the additional $200 or $400 or whatever means nothing by comparison.

As long as you have it, you betcha. However, reality has its limits. Not much splurging for me will be possible anymore. But I already have enough books, SACDs, Blu-Rays, and photo gear (at least once I have the E-M1 and 12-40 f/2.8) to keep me happy until I'm drooling and otherwise making a mess of myself. And then there's all the hiking trails around here I've been exploring for the past 35 years (since moving here in 1977). That only costs gas money. (And stupid trailhead parking fees. Should be free for people our age. So should gas actually. I've paid my dues.)

I really prefer not dwelling on the total I've spent on photo gear.

And how much stuff I've sold at whatever loss. However, taking into consideration how much I've gained from owning in the meantime, it's really not a loss after all.

What a coincidence, as I write, half out the door, overdue for a trip to that very self-same Mother Source. Or rather more accurately, Mother Drain.

Well, it's a complicated and confusing drive for me from the SE side of Portland (especially at my age), so I reserve such trips for picking up gear that has arrived that I have on order. Next two trips may be my last -- unless I sell a bunch of my M4/3 gear! Got too much redundancy!

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow