HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Optical1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038Gear list
Like?
Re: What is that smell????
In reply to uberzone, Sep 14, 2013

uberzone wrote:

Who brought the beans and sauerkraut? Serious case of GAS in here. The EM-1 and 12-40 are super exciting editions to m4/3, but can you really not wait a few months to save $200? You do have options. If you really need both NOW, I'm sure someone somewhere will be reselling them fairly quickly at a slight premium. Just think of it as an early adopter tax.

Yes, in a perfect world both Olympus and Panasonic would have massive quantities of all of their new lenses and cameras available all over the world to anyone who wants them. Sadly neither Panasonic or Olympus have the capital or capacity to do so at this time.

Rest assured, the camera and lens as a kit will eventually make it over here. Until then, take a deep breath. It will all be ok.

I'm hopeful, but doubtful.  If they were going to release it here, I think they would have done so with the rest of the world, and simply had supply shortages as they did with the E-M5.  Releasing a kit later would do nothing more than infuriate those who purchased at release.  Announcing the kit now with a later release, might delay some sales, but I would have been one to pre-order.

In fact, I was ready with credit card in hand ready to preorder until I realized that the camera wasn't going to be available with the kit.  Now, I'm on the fence considering my options...

Sort of amusing considering Panasonic lost a (admittedly impulse) purchase when the GX7 was released because of their color/kit restrictions in the US.

Damn money burning a hole in my pocket...

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow