HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,736Gear list
Like?
Re: HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!
In reply to RealPancho, Sep 14, 2013

Just be glad that you do not live in NZ.

The US and UK both get nice deals with these cameras - free grips, flashes or adapters etc.

I'll be surprised if we get any such deals and if the cameras themselves are anything approaching comparable in price.

Nikon don't bother offering us NPS either.

Canon and Nikon rarely if ever offer us the cashback deals others get and we have no access to refurbished equipment from them either.

With only 4 million or so residents, I do not expect this to change but it certainly is irritating being able to see what others get that we do not.

Why don't we buy overseas, you ask? Simple. Because the camera manufacturers invented an artificial construct 'the grey market' to protect their margins and won't in most cases cover such purchases under their warranty (Leica are an honourable exception as their warranty is international). Why that is legal (and it is not legal in the EU to refuse warranty cover from something bought in another EU country so at least they win out) I have no idea.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow