Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Optical1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,026Gear list
Like?
Re: ME TOO. Irritated! DIFFERENT GRIPE.
In reply to Moti, 11 months ago

Moti wrote:

3DrJ wrote:

IRRITATING. When reading that in Europe (weirdly, not in ALL EU countries), the intro offer included rebate on the HLD-7 grip. Over here in N. America, rebate was only for the MMF3 (already have it) or FL300R flash I'd hardly need, but not the grip which would be far more useful for whole lot more buyers. It's a PRO camera, after all.

And ME TOO, I still don't feel any better about it. At all.

You guys can't see further than the edge of your nose so let's make a small calculation.

The price of the kit with the 12-40 mm in Europe is 2,300 euros.

the same kit in the US csts 2,100 $ which is roughly 1,600 euro or in other words, 930$ less than us and you still complain?

Now, even with the free grip, I'd gladly change with you and you can have the grip.

Moti

-- hide signature --

Nope, the same kit here costs $2400+tax.  In the EU, your pricing includes 20% VAT that Olympus doesnt' see.  Thus the calculation is much closer than you stipulate.  First of all, the pricing appears to be 2200 Euro, which backing out the VAT is a about $2339 - which is still cheaper than here.

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow