Started Sep 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,018Gear list
Like?
HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!
Sep 14, 2013

I don’t expect Olympus to read this and react, but I think it will help me feel better to vent. I am extremely irritated that Olympus is not offering the E-M1 & 12-40 2.8 as a kit in the USA. To my UK and European friends, please don’t misread me. This isn’t a nationalist thing, like I’m jealous that YOU people are getting something we’re not. And it isn’t entirely the cost-savings aspect that bothers me, although that is a factor. What has me in a twist is the timing. I don’t want to buy the body and then wait for the lens. I want to experience them together. To have the body for a month before I can use the new lens on it is a bit like taking a trip to Paris, then being forced to stay in the hotel for a week before being allowed to get out into the city (a city I love, by the way).

I wouldn’t have minded it if other parts of the world had the kit available for a month or two before us, as long as the body and lens were released here together, because here’s what’s going to happen, at least locally. My local retailer, to whom I have some loyalty, will receive only a few bodies and sell out of them quickly. They will then not be re-supplied until after the lenses arrive, of which they will also only receive a very small quantity. Playing the game of waiting until both are in stock at the same time is going to delay my having them both for longer than is necessary. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil all over again.

Harrumph! I guess venting didn’t help after all. Oh well, maybe they’ll announce kit availability sooner than later, but for the time being, their inconsiderate marketing strategy is alienating at least one fairly loyal customer.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow